How can we help you?

Whoever you are, whatever the problem, get in touch with Stirling Citizens Advice Bureau – the advice charity for your community.

We offer free, honest and expert advice to help you.

Where we can help

  • welfare benefits entitlement
  • debt problems, how to manage your money and how to increase your income
  • consumer rights and how to get the service you’re entitled to
  • employment problems including issues relating to redundancy, dismissal, retirement, parental rights, contract changes
  • housing issues (homelessness, neighbour problems)
  • legal and relationship issues
  • tax problems (including council tax)
  • utility problems (gas, electric, water)
  • immigration and nationality issues
  • …and just about anything else you can think of.

How we can help

Our advisers won’t tell you what to do, but we will explain your options and what they mean.  We’ll encourage you to make your own decisions.

  • We can help negotiating with someone – appealing a benefits decision, or agreeing a payment plan if you’re in debt. or getting compensation for bad service.
  • We can help you fill in forms, to make a claim for benefits, or help you to write a letter, or even make phone calls to help you.
  • We can check that you’re receiving all the benefits you’re entitled to.
  • We can sometimes represent you in court and at tribunals.
  • If your problem is very complicated, we will refer you to experts.